ChildLight Baby/Toddler Yoga Teacher Training
Learn to share yoga with babies and toddlers! Whether you are a parent, childcare professional, or a yoga instructor, if you work with babies or toddlers through 2 years old, this training will provide you with the tools and inspiration you need to successfully integrate yoga-based movement, songs, games, and relaxation into their day.
The training will cover infant and early childhood development and education on how practicing yoga can support the social, emotional and physical development, as well as overall contentment and comfort, of babies and toddlers, newborn through 2 years. Attendees will learn playful and developmentally appropriate movements, songs and pacing techniques to incorporate into a daycare routine, postnatal yoga class, or yoga class for babies and toddlers. Includes an illustrated manual, sample lessons, continuing education suggestions and a list of additional resources.
Who should attend:
The ChildLight Yoga for Babies & Toddlers Training is open to anyone interested in supporting the health and wellness of babies and toddlers, including:
- childcare professionals working with infants and toddlers
- yoga instructors wishing to offer mommy & me style classes
children’s yoga instructors wishing to offer toddler classes
and any others who regularly work with infants and toddlers
*We love babies and toddlers, however this training is for adults only. Little ones are invited to demo classes only. Nursing mom’s are always welcome.*
The Baby & Toddler Yoga training curriculum includes the following useful and time-tested information:
- supporting early childhood development with yoga
- infant and toddler friendly poses adapted for specific developmental stages, newborn to early preschool
- sequences for nap/bedtime, fussiness/colic, easing digestion, playtime and more
- songs, activities, and creative movement ideas
- best practices for teaching babies and toddlers
- strategies for including babies in postnatal yoga classes for mom
- strategies for including younger siblings in a parent-child class for preschoolers
- class setting adaptations/considerations
- lesson planning
- prop suggestions
- tips for improvising
- behavior management techniques specific to toddlers and early preschoolers
- opportunities for both practice teaching and ‘being’ the child/student
- marketing and business tips
- thorough list of useful resources… and much more.
REQUIRED FOR TRAINING
Please bring a soft-bodied, infant-sized doll (approximately 18-20 inches long), ideally weighted in the middle but otherwise soft. Plastic arms and legs are fine. There are many suitable brands and you may feel free to use something you already own. The following dolls are excellent options:
- JC Toys 20” La Baby
- The JC Toys Lots to Cuddle line
- The My Sweet Love 20″ Soft Baby
Baby & Toddler Yoga Teacher Training Course Includes:
18 contact hours, 10 optional non-contact hours for certification
Comprehensive, fully-illustrated ChildLight Yoga Baby & Toddler Instructor Manual
Certification administration and materials, which include:
Listing on CLY’s Find an Instructor Near You page with location and email contact link (upon optional completion of certification process)
Membership in the CLY Baby & Toddler Instructor community
Access to a vast Baby & Toddler yoga class video library!
It is not necessary to be a Registered Adult Yoga Teacher (RYT) or complete the CLY 95 hour RCYS program in order to attend this training.
Certification is optional. Requirements include the completion of a take-home exam and teaching 3 classes on your own. A detailed certification packet and tips for setting up community classes will be reviewed with the group at the close of the training. Candidates who successfully complete the certification process will be listed as Certified ChildLight Yoga Baby & Toddler Instructor on our website and be invited to access our Baby & Toddler yoga class video library!
CEUs, PDPs, and Yoga Alliance credit hours:
Registered yoga teachers are eligible for 18 contact continuing education contact hours through Yoga Alliance with an additional 10 non-contact hours if completing certification.
Professional Development Points (PDPs) and/or CEUs may also be available through your employer or credentialing organization. As each credentialing organization has their own requirements, you should confirm with them that your training hours will apply toward your degree or continuing education requirements. Application for accreditation from these organizations is your responsibility. Additional fees may be required.